About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Review: Dead Silence

Publisher: Headline
Price: £ 7.99

From the start you can tell that this book is part of a series. In the beginning this annoyed me as it took me a while to get in to the book and get over the fact that I didn't know what happened before. The recaps weren't too obvious, detailed and in your face. At any other time I would be pleased about that, but on this occasion, as the preceding novel seems to be important to this book, I was a tad annoyed. However, I got over this annoyance pretty quickly and really got in to the story! 

I was totally able to ignore the fact that this was part of a series and enjoy the book as a book, enjoy the story, enjoy the main plot and the plot running along side it. This is a YA book, however, it's pretty hardcore for a YA and there is far more violence, sex, drugs and rock n roll than I was expecting. For me that was great as it seemed far more edgy and adult than young! The sections in italics are VERY creepy and for me make the whole book. They draw you down dark, twisted and creepy paths and make the book for me!

The main characters are pretty decent, Rafe is defo an interesting one and was my favourite throughout! Vi and Jay make a decent pair and do provide some enjoyable moments, however the lovely dovey stuff got a tad annoying for me. However, with this being a YA read I can see why it was there.

Overall, one of the more enjoyable YA books I've read as it had grit and substance behind it. I would be interested to read the books that came before this so I could get even more understanding of the novel. Defo a book for the YAs out there who like something a bit more grown up and for YA fans in general.

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment