About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Part 2: Best Books???

So,
I'm clocking up the numbers for my little straw poll thing (atm I have 36...I'm looking for 50 at least).
Please do keep them coming as a comment on this post or my first Best Books blog or tweet at my twitter account, @book_geek_says with #top5books included!

Anyway, down to part two business....

I've been doing a little bit of research using the 7 lists mentioned in part one of this little series (see link above). There are four books that appeared most frequently (on 6 or 7 lists). I'm most sorry there aren't 5 to go with my #top5books poll...all other books appeared 5 times or fewer.

There is only one book that appears in all 7: Ulysses - James Joyce.
There are three books that appear in 6 of the lists: 1984 - George Orwell, Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien and Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov.

Will these appear in my 'survey of the people' list? Will they be as hugely popular?
Only you can help me find the answers!

Happy list compiling

Book Geek
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment