About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Thursday 9 July 2015

Review: We Shall Inherit the Wind

Publisher: Orenda

I'm going to start off this review with an apology to Orenda, as well, this isn't going to be my best review in the world, as overall I found this book really disappointing.

I'll start with what I liked and got on well with. Great having an older hero/anti hero figure who had grit and balls but feelings and morals and emotions. Also enjoyed all the characters around him who were completely eclectic! I wish I had read more books from GS before so I had more context as it seems rather fascinating at times. 

I also really liked the fact that renewables are the bad guys. I work in oil and gas, and you get pretty sick of constantly seeing the industry slagged off in media, fiction, politics etc. It is refreshing to have this side of the story and I thank GS for that!

Now I'm afraid I have to tell you why I was so disappointed with the book.
1. Who the hell is the chap on the cover? WHO?
2. I could see a lot of the plot turns coming a mile off, I hoped that my predictions wouldn't be correct over and over again, but alas I was and felt a bit sad every time.
3. The ending was rather cheesy.
4. Whole thing felt like a bit of an anti climax.


I'm really sorry about this. It makes me sad that I didn't get 100% satisfaction out of the book as I thought it did show so much promise.

Better luck next time?

BG
:-S

No comments:

Post a Comment