About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 28 September 2015

A Book With a Number in the Title: NOS 4R2

Publisher: Gollancz

Soooooo I have had this on my shelf for a while and thought boom, read it, why not. MAN IS IT DARK!!!! Dark, dark dark! Not only dark, but weirdly inconsistently compelling. When I was reading it I couldn't put it down, but every time I put it down, I wasn't hugely enthused to pick it back up again...weird.

Manx is a truly hideous creation, vile, grotesque, creepy and a real thing of nightmares. Very well crafted. Also, he is horribly mean about red heads which really did put him in my bad books!!!!! I loved Lou as a character, he is a gorgeous man and provides a stable rock in all the craziness. Felt rather sad for Vic. Is she mental or has she been made mental by her circumstance. Poor love. Just wanted to look after her the whole time.

I really couldn't tell if this book was a horror or a thriller and I liked that. I also thought that the ending was superb.

Short but sweet as I read this a while ago!

Happy Reading and don't have nightmares

BG
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment