About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Wednesday 18 January 2012

Review: The Hunger Games, Catching Fire


The Hunger Games, Catching Fire: Suzanne Collins
Paperback: £ 7.99
Publisher: Scholastic

I enjoyed this one even more than book one! My friends who have read the trilogy enjoyed this one the least but it won me over, easy!!! I am now used to the odd/incorrect (well in my eyes anyway) grammar which I think aided my enjoyment. The political undertones are more prevalent than in book one and therefore make this one seem a little more 'grown up'.

I related to the tributes in this round of games more so than the last, maybe because they had more heart and soul and we get to know them more as a reader. The characters of book one who played minor(ish) roles, such as those who live in District 12 crop up more in this one and it was nice to get to know them a bit more.

There were some twists and turns in the book that I really wasn't expecting. I don't know if it is because I'm not in the frame of mind where I look for them as it's a teen book, or if they really were that subtle, but I really  didn't expect them. I obviously won't tell you what they are so as not to ruin the surprise!!!

I once again would recommend the trilogy, well the first two books any way! I'll be reading book 3 shortly, I just can't wait!

Oh, and by the way......TEAM PEETA!!!!!!!

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment