About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Sunday 15 January 2012

Review: The Hunger Games


The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
Paperback: £ 7.99
Publisher: Scholastic


A friend of mine in work is truly obsessed, I say obsessed, with The Hunger Games. Many of us are reading it and I'm glad to say enjoying it.

I know that these books are 'Teen Literature' but they are a great read. Gripping, absorbing, tense, addictive. The characters are charming, the story is a real page turner.

The one complaint that I have is that the tenses and style of writing are somewhat unpredictable and indeed incorrect on occasions. But, Ms Collins, I forgive you.

The concept of The Hunger Games themselves and what happens is NOT for the faint squeamish or sensitive. I have a hard core constitution and sense of revulsion and can usually cope with anything, but this book gave me nightmares for two nights running.

Don't turn your nose up at this book because it isn't high literature and was written for teens. There are political undertones in this book and they continue in to the second and third (according to the blurbs). I'll be reading the 2nd and 3rd soon, so look out for me, hopefully, continued endorsement!

If you want some compelling reading then read this book NOW!!!
Now I say!!

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment