About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Review: Traitor's Blade - Greatcoats Book 1

Publisher: Jo Fletcher Books
Price: £20 (hardback)

Well then, what is there to say about this book? It's pretty darn awesome. Falcio and his buds have been having a rough time. But times are going to get a bit rougher before they get better.

SdC, I loved how self conscious this book was. I loved the self referencing, I loved the little asides, I loved how you are basically being told a story by Falcio and he isn't always getting things in the right order, he's cracking jokes, making snarky comments and going way off tangent on occasion too. It was in the first person but the style was spiffing so I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Some of the characters took a while to warm to, some I will never warm to as I HATE THEM and some will just be there for plot purposes I'm sure. The camaraderie between Kest, Falcio and Brasti was pretty darn cool and when the Tailor gets involved then I have to say, it does keep getting better and better.

A few of the plot twists were a tad obvious, but I think I was looking for them as I've read so many fantasy books that I now know when they are going to come/are likely to. But, this didn't detract from my enjoyment one little bit.

I got really invested in the Greatcoats plight, Aline's plight and Falcio's need to sort his shit out. I don't want to know how long I have to wait for the second one as it will no doubt depress the hell out of me.

Defo a book for the fantasy lovers out there and those who like things with a pinch of salt!

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment