About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Review: A Natural History of Dragons

Publisher: Titan Books
Price: £ 7.99

Lady Trent is telling us all about her early life, how she became obsessed with dragons and her first major adventure. She is also telling us a bit about her and her personal life too.

I love the tone and style of writing that MB adopted for this novel. Trent is getting on now and is recanting her youthful years, but you can tell that she's become a lady who doesn't give a rat's arse what people think about her and is delighted that she has lived her life her way! She is a total babe! However, I'm most sorry to say that that is all I enjoyed about this book.

The story was somewhat tedious in many places and less than thrilling on many occasions. I thought this book held so much promise and was a bit buggered to find that it was a total let down. The idea is excellent, don't get me wrong, as is the narrator and main character of this novel, but I feel it could have been better executed. Maybe I was expecting too much?

Anyway, give it a read for Lady Trent if nothing else. Oh, oh and the pictures are few and far between but they are damn awesome!! I liked them too!

Happy reading

Book Geek
:-s

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book. Still love it, technically. And I wish I'd gotten a review copy of the sequel, because I'd have read it twice over by now! (Instead I'll have to wait for my next paycheque and some spare money so I can buy a copy. :p)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it. Always disappointed when a book doesn't quite reach my expectations!
    Enjoy the next one

    ReplyDelete