About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Wednesday 30 April 2014

Review: Snapper

Price: £ 14.99
Publisher: Tinder

Sorry it's taken me a while to get this up. I was on holiday then was a gross and sick so was in my pit for a few days festering! YAY! But now I'm back, not totally fighting fit, but back...so on with the show.

Nathan lives in Indiana and he likes birds, he also has a few anecdotes to tell us about his life that have formed who is has become.

I loved this book from the very start. Even after the first three pages I was raving to Boy Geek about how the style of writing was just up my street, the sarcasm was perfect and the small snappy interjections made me giggle. It's not humour for everyone but it is defo for me. 

I would love to know how much of this is actually based on BK's life. I'm sure a large portion of it is as it's set in his Indiana home and he was a bird man too. I'd be totally intrigued to find out so if you know, do comment below or tweet to tell me.

The characters in it were great, from the down right knobby ones, to Lola, to Annie. My total favourites were the Aunt and Uncle from Texas. I bloody love Texans and they really really were the complete epitome of Texans! Huzzah.

I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone. It was totally brilliant and I hope that BK writes more in the future!

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment