About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 7 July 2014

Review: Arms Wide Open

Price: £ 7.99
Publisher: Corsair

Melly has 2 kids, an ex husband and a twin brother. They are all trying to find their place in the world, in their own lives and in their slightly odd family.

The writing is truly wonderful. There is wit, sarcasm, sadness, excitement, tragedy and joy. I was laughing at one moment, and feeling really blue the next, I really couldn't put this book down. The one liners are so incredibly awesome, especially from Jack (I am completely in love with him)! Also, when it comes to the writing, it was amazing to see a bloke so completely capture so many different thoughts, actions and voices of so many dynamic characters from a teenage girl to a middle aged woman who has a few things to iron out to a strangely perceptive but loveable young boy. I forgot the author completely, but in a good way! 

The characters were brilliant. I fell in love with all of them...apart from the ex and his bit of fluff, they annoyed me so totally it was a pain in the arse. However, they were very farcical and I did love that about them. 

This is a gorgeous read and I will recommend it to people again and again and again. The writing, the relationships, the story and the characters are all so wonderfully created, so incredibly normal and achievable and accessible that the charm sucks you in from the start.

This book really is a true gem.

Happy Reading

Book Geek

:-D

2 comments:

  1. I loved his first book, and can't wait to read this. Great review :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!!! What's his first book called?? I'm going to be alllll over that

    ReplyDelete