About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Thursday 3 January 2013

Top reads of 2012

So geeky book lovers, I'm on the band wagon...tah dah!!!!
Here are the top 10 books I read this year...I'm not going to put a big blurb bit about them all...just list them with a link and say maybe one or two lines...so you guys will know what is worth a read....in my humble opinion anyway.
By the way, they are in no particular order!

1. Above His Station - read this as a ebook on my iPhone and loved every second of it! I now have the sequel alllllll lined up on my iPhone and ready for reading! WHOOOOP!

2. A Discovery of Witches - well, this was recommended to me by my bezzie and I surprisingly enjoyed it! It was a spiffing read. I have recommended it to Wedding Obsessed Colleague....

3. THE ENTIRE GAME OF THRONES SERIES - YES ALLL OF THEM....I can't be arsed to link them all to this but you will find them easily enough as there are millions of them. THEY FRICKING RULE!!

4. The Twelve - one of the most anticipated books in my life ever ever in the world.

5. The Tattooist - this is from those wonderful Cutting Edge Press people. They print fantastic books. I haven't read a bad one from them so check those guys out!

6. The Testimony - this young man, Mr Smythe was not known to me until I read this book. I can't wait to read more of his stuff! YAY!

7. Pig Iron - wonderful and compelling and different and gripping book. Love this man! He even has a soundtrack to it! It rules also!

8. Care of Wooden Floors - funny and touching and beautiful and lovely and great to read. Not to be missed at all

9. Tom All Alone's - embrace the Dickens-esque love! EMBRACE IT NOW!

10. The Pianist - gorgeous book! The film was stunning but this is even more amazing!

Here is a little bonus......this is the worst book I have read all year.......

DESTINED TO PLAY - NOT WORTH THE PAPER IT IS WRITTEN ON!

Happy Reading

Book Geek
B-)

No comments:

Post a Comment