About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Thursday 7 March 2013

Review: The Shuffle

Publisher: The Big Hand
Price ebook: £ 2.04

You want short stories? Here you REALLY get your moneys worth. I'm not going to go through them all as I usually do and pass comment as there are loads and it'll take a yonk so I'm going to comment on the collection as a whole!

So many facets of human life are cleverly constructed, analysed and observed by RB. Sometimes darkly disturbing, sometimes very weirdly and sometimes so normally it's laughable. RB is clearly a very talented and intelligent writer as not only are many topics and themes looked at from death to love to sex to philosophy but many literary techniques and styles are used. The conversational (be they one sided), pieces were fantastic and were my particular favourite. The recurring professor theme/stories kept you grounded in the book and kept you thinking.

I really feel very oddly about this collection, as if it is trying to tell me something. I think I'm going to have to mull it over for a while before I pass any more comment on it.

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-s

No comments:

Post a Comment