About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Tuesday 30 July 2013

Review: Perfect

Publisher: Transworld
Price: £ 6.74 ebook

A rather bizarre and moving tale of love and protection and worry and mental illness. I was intrigued to read this book when I read the blurb on NetGalley so I applied for it, got it and now I have read it!

Byron is worried about the two extra seconds that are going to happen, and when an incident does occur, it pretty much controls the rest of his life. Then there is Jim, he's in the modern day, but his life is a bit messed up and not exactly all that perfect.

The story is written from two POVs. That of young Byron and that of older Jim. The chapters alternate and both are very different in tone, content and style. Byron's passages seem so strange and alien to me, possibly because I have never been a young boy, however the love and care and protection that he shows for his mum is very tender. The passages surrounding Jim are written so very delicately and they really are beautiful despite his issues. All Jim wants is a normal life and he seems to have been through so much.

Despite having read the blurb I really didn't know what to expect from this book, and I didn't really know what I was getting in to until I was just over half way through. After that it all seemed to fall in to place. It's a very unique book and a very lovely one at that. I don't think it will be for everyone, but it took me by surprise in the end!

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment