About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Review: The Romulus Equation

Publisher: The Friday Project
Price: £ 2.99 Ebook

If you haven't noticed my love for all things Darren Craske yet then I ask, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN! I am a massive fan of everything he writes, yes I am a weird fan girl and now I have CQ to add to my list as well!! DAMN IT ALL!!!!

This is the fourth book in the CQ series, but don't worry, if you haven't read the others you will not be missing out or be behind...as far as I can tell. Nothing seemed to make me miss anything or not get what was going on in the story. The story of CQ and his hunt for answers about the death of his mum and dad.

This story still has the somewhat fantastical elements that the other DC things I have read had. However, there is almost a spoof element to this book, as if it is somewhat parodying the old victorian style of mystery writing. Certain elements and literary skills seem to be exaggerated. I found this to be most amusing and, despite the tense story line, it kept the book light.

This is a page turner once again and you have all you need in a mystery novel of good versus evil. There are characters such as Prometheus,Viktor and of course CQ that you will love and then there are the out and out baddies that are there to be despised and routing against. The formula is spot on. 

The plot is twisty and turny, the characters are cracking, there is constant action and intrigue and when you get to the end, you will, once again when it comes to a DC book, be itching to find out what happens next!

This man really knows how to write a series and he really knows how to suck a reader in to what ever world he has created!
BRAVO

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment