About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Friday 10 October 2014

Review: Allegiant


Price: £ 7.99
Publisher: Harper Collins

DO

NOT

READ

THIS

REVIEW

UNLESS

YOU

HAVE

READ


AND



DO

NOT

WANT

TO

SPOIL

THINGS!

So, we are pretty much where things were left off. 

I liked the flipping between Tobias and Tris between chapters. It was good to get a totally different perspective on things, especially after all that has been and will be discovered as the final book of the trilogy goes on.

It was however super annoying that what was going on with the factions in Chicago was not really looked at. We spent the entire book with Tobias and Tris outside and all their dithering and fannying. I would have preferred to know more about inside the city as there was surely a lot going on that would have been interesting to know about! They all just seemed to be forgotten on the whole.

The ending was satisfactory to me. As we all know I don't like neat little tied up with a bow parcels of joy. However, god it was drawn out for a bloody long time. I mean seriously?!?!? Did it HAVE TO BE THAT LONG and moralistic? I found it a bit self indulgent in places if I am honest.

I'd defo say that this is the weakest of the three books, but it's still a trilogy that's worth a read. Wedding Obsessed Colleague thought the whole thing was a bit of a cop out and really didn't like the ending. 


Happy Reading

BG
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment