About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Friday 3 October 2014

Holmes Challenge: The last 4 adventures

So, I'm back! You've all been keeping up with my self inflicted Holmes Challenge I hope...so here, to kick off my return the the blog are my thoughts on the last 4 adventures.

9 - The Adventure of the Engineers Thumb
It was alright. I would have preferred there to have been more made of the forgery part of the tale and Sherlock's all encompassing knowledge of the events surrounding the syndicate. It didn't really blow my mind and I have one BIG question...why they hell would you travel ALLLLLL the way to London for a doctor???

10 - The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor
Awwwwwww what a sweet one, it was allllll about love!!! I would have liked more to have been made of the challenge/rivalry between Sherlock and Lestrade. Oh and, why bloody AMERICANS AGAIN???

11 - The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet
This was so tedious and boring and run of the mill I was ready for it to be over as soon as it started. That is all I have to say.

12 - The Adventure of the Copper Beeches
This one was actually rather enjoyable as it was so farcical and pretty funny to an extent. I think I enjoyed it the most out of this batch of four. I also liked the follow up at the end with the 'what they are all doing now kind of bit'.

So, now on to the next instalments!

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment