About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Thursday 3 October 2013

Review: The Troop

Price: Not known in fine English pounds
Publisher: Gallery Books

Oh. Holy. Jesus!!!!!! As chaos descends on an island which is housing a troop of scouts for a weekend, a horrible infection type thing arrives. Psychos take over, chose ensues and everything becomes horrifying and disturbing and shocking.

This is possibly one of the most terrifying and horrifying things I've read in a good long while because such crazy shizz could actually happen and impact the whole entire world ever!!! It's like zombies, killer viruses, blackouts!! ARRGH!! Society will crumble!!!

The witness statements/interviews/after the fact portions are terrifying in their own right. They would work as a book alone, however, when you add the narrative of how things are developing on the island, it gets even scarier. Especially when you consider how quickly all descended in to chaos and torment!!! ARRRG!!!! 

The characters were great, even those that appeared in the inter splicing interviews, those on the island were so diverse and their relationships with each other so dramatically different that it added a certain something I can't quite put my finger on.

I've read that this book is like Lord of the Flies but with more terror. I can totally agree. This is terrifying and unnerving and unsettling and on occasions made me feel physically sick! A short review as I don't want to give too much away about this grippingly horrifying read!!!

Happy Reading (if that is possible)
Don't have nightmares

Book Geek
:-s

P.S. I was surprised that this book didn't give me nightmares. Instead, I had a dream that I flat shared with Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer who were in a relationship and were outrageously camp. We were throwing a halloween party, and noone came in fancy dress, I was very sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment