About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 16 June 2014

Review: Give the Devil His Due

Price: 99p ebook
Self Published

We've got a gang of old school friends who stumble upon something ancient and big. Chaos ensues and well...that's that.

This is what a Welsh version of Lock Stock would be like, or Welsh Snatch...or the like. It's a farcical and funny story of a group of blokes who are going to try their luck so they end up with the money and the fun and the joy and the fame.

In the beginning I really couldn't see where this book was going and I found it a tad sexist on occasion, but I persisted and now I'm pretty glad I did.

The characters are caricatures, the story is very tongue in cheek, along with everything else about this book really.

This is a short review, but I only have short things to say I'm afraid.

Defo read it if you fancy some light and laughable reading that still has the ability to keep you turning the pages and wondering what is coming next. Also a decent read if you are Welsh!

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment