About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Wednesday 4 June 2014

Review: Hombre


For Christmas, many moons ago, I was given a set of classic books that had been converted for the screen. They included Double Indemnity, The Pianist, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, etc. I had read them all until I hit Hombre, which I didn't fancy at all. But on the weekend I thought, sod it, let's give it a go! Man....I'm not 100% happy I bothered.

One good thing about this book is that it is short and easy to read. I'd imagine it makes a far better film than book because bloody hell the narrator was a dipshit and the whole thing was VERY slow. 

I liked the race discussions and found them interesting, especially as it was a white dude who was considered Apache, and not someone actually Apache. 

But that is where my enjoyment ended. I detested all the characters, even JR yes. There was nothing to ingratiate me to them and nothing that I could bond or connect over with any of them.

All in all, out of allllll the books that were in the series, this was the absolute worst. I think I'd like to see the film to ascertain if it is indeed any better.

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-)

P.S. Maybe hardcore western fans may enjoy it more! I will say that!

No comments:

Post a Comment